Monday, July 27, 2009

The Conclusion of: The Two Jehovah Witnesses At the Concert?

With nothing to say, the girls asked us if we were from Dallas. Quickly, we both said no and Thunderbird told them we were from Shreveport. We found out that they were sisters. The stylish one is Maria and her sister is Nancy. After we exchanged names, talk got serious about to do next. Whenever I go to Dallas, I love stopping by Good Records. So Thunderbird said we were heading to the record shop because it is not closing for another two hours. By this point it was around 10 pm. They said they wanted to join and we can ride with them. I did not like this idea one bit. Who the hell gets in a car with two complete strangers? While walking out of The Granada, somehow we magically paired off. I think it was because Nancy had some bike company sticker on her bag and Thunder loves bikes. I had no clue what to say to Maria, so as walked out of the club I said "Nice boots." Our car was parked behind the building but they insisted we all ride together so we walked about two blocks to their car. On the walk I found out that Maria is a mother of one and is divorced and never picks up strangers. Is it too late to run back to our car? So we make it to their car and they unlocked the car doors. Thunderbird hopped off the curb and went towards the passengers door on the drivers side. Everyone was standing by their doors as I stood on the curb announcing to Thunder reasons why we should not get in their car. A) We did not know them. B) What if we wanted to go home before they do. C) I don't want to die with Rhett Miller being my last concert. As I went on Nancy says "Oh man come on, do you honestly think we would kill you. . . we have a quilt with cats on it in the backseat." I added that to me reasons. The girls got in and Thunder shrugged his shoulders. I opened my car door and went along for the ride. As we drove two miles to Good, it was on the same street as The Granada, Nancy let us look through her iPod. Thunder and I mumbled about the fact maybe these girls weren't so bad, they had some cool music. I noticed there was only one KoL album, Only By The Night.We pull into a side street and I start flipping out about not wanting to die behind a Taco Cabana. They announce to me that we just turned the wrong way. We finally get to Good and park. I mention KoL and Nancy starts telling me about these facts that I already knew and she said "I bet you did not know. . ." and before she could finish Thunder said to her "Im sure he knows. He knows a ton." Did not hear from her KoL fan self again. The first floor of Good is cd/magazine/posters/and dvds. The second floor is vinyl records. I shoot up the stairs to start thumbing. Everyone else is down stairs looking at only Jehovah knows what. From the view upstairs, I notice Thunder is alone so I send him a text message: "What the f**k are we doing?" He looks up and throws his hands up and shrugs. I buy a few albums and Thunder buys a Guster cd I believe. We ask if we can keep our car in the Good parking lot and head to the bar next door. The guy is cool with it since we bought stuff. Nancy opens the car and we put our stuff away before crossing the street to The Cavern. As we made it upstairs to the club, I was listing things off in my head not to talk about. Okay Rex don't mention ex-girlfriends, politics, relegion, or KoL. You know if you mention KoL, you will not stop talking. We grabbed a table and sat down, they had a few drinks and all start chatting. I did not drink, I hardly ever do now days. Nancy coaxed T'Bird to join her in another area of the bar as Maria and I stayed at the table. Nancy and Thunder headed to this darkened area of the bar room that was filled with couches. They stayed over there for the remainder of the night. Marica and I knew they were making out. That'a baby T'Bird!! Everyonce in a while I would text 'Bird and say stuff like "I hope you are happy. . .Im drowning over here" & "Just what the hell am I suppose to say to a mother of one," and the famous "Just what the f**k are we doing here?" T'Bird would come check in on us, mostly me to see if I would give him a "lets get out of here" look. At one point, Thunder was at the bar and a girl flashed everyone. I missed it because I wasn't paying attention. He still talks about it to this day. Midnite turned to one, then you find yourself being asked to leave because its two am. Gathered up our jackets and moved it to the exits (some Closing Time by Semisonic). Once we got downstairs, Nancy releazed she did not have her keys. We quickly ran upstairs and looked around and even got the employees of the bar. I was tired, it was cold, and I did not have a great night. I just wanted to get in bed. I hate situations in which people do dumb things such as lose keys. After twenty or so minutes, Nancy and Thunder returned downstairs without the keys. We headed to the car to look around ther. No key on the pavement and Good was all locked up. I sat on a bench and Maria sat beside me as Nancy & 'Bird head back over to The Cavern for one last look around. I realize that my albums were in the car and I doubt I ever get them back. They comeback empty handed. I would call Cody but he was in bed. Nancy and Maria start talking about calling Karina (their youngest sister) to come bring them a spare key but that was quickly shot down because Karina would be highly upset, not because of waking up or driving twnety-five minutes, but because Nancy & Maria were hanging out with non-Jehovah witnesses. Found out that it was bad. After much time wasted and no taxi cab to be found. There was only one thing to do. On November 21st, at 3am and in winter weather, us four walked from Good Records to The Granada. The distence from Good to Granada is a little under two miles. We WALKED IT! I was not to happy. We walked and walked, past bums, mexican catcallers. Maria knew what they were saying because she is mexican. My heart cannot take this type of junk, I nearly passed out walking in such weather. Maria and I were ahead of T'Bird and Nancy. Im a fast walker and Nancy was pretty drunk. Scrath that, Nancy was really drunk. Once at Thunderbird's car he realized he left his keys in Nancy's car. Sike. He doesn't lose his keys. He has a belt clip thing, just kidding. We unlock the car to find a table and bike. I forgot that we had Cody's table in there and Thunder brought his bike. Thunder drove while Nancy continued with her slurry words. Maria and I were squished into what was left of the backseat. Twenty minutes later they got out of the vehicle and we went home. While Thunderbird floored it, I was letting the expletives fly. That was the longest night of my life. Good Lord, we got our Good stuff back that Sunday. Looking back, it is a funny story that Thunderbird and I laugh about. Actually, I made a joke referring to that night Friday night and that is why I decided to post the story.

Play Another Song For Me
-Rex

2 comments:

  1. Seriously. I hate that I never met this broad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. didnt you date her for a while?

    ReplyDelete