Monday, July 27, 2009

The Two Jehovah Witnesses At the Concert?


Since mid September 2008, Thunderbird and I have been to about twenty concerts together. This picture was taken in Austin over New Years. One of the first concerts we attended was a show in Dallas, Rhett Miller (lead singer of Old '97s) was doing a charity gig at The Granada. We decided to hit up that show on a Friday nite then check out Conor Oberst (aka Bright Eyes) and his new band The Mystic Valley Band. Conor's show was amazing. One of our favorites. We pulled up and parked behind The Granada and made our way inside. The place wasn't packed that much. Most of the crowd was near the walls, thats were seats were set up, the rest of us stood next to the stage and back. We were standing about fifty feet from the stage or more. We did not care to but upclose. Before Rhett got up Brent Best (lead singer of alt.country band Slobber Bone) did a short set. About six feet infront of us was this very pretty girl. I liked her style, tall boots, flowing dress with leg stockings. I mentioned to Thunderbird that I wanted to say something to her, but did not know what to say. Her and her friend walk to get drinks and I told Thunderbird "Look, lets take their spots so when they get back they will ask for their spots back thus they have to talk to us." He did not like this idea so I decided not to go with that one. The two girls make their way backbefore Brent Best took stage. As Brent Best gave a solid performance, I leand over to Thunderbird and said "This guy looks like Mr. Friendly." If Mr. Friendly does not sound familiar, then peep this folks. He is a character from LOST. Anyway, we spend most of Mr. Friendly's set making fun of him and talking about our thoughts on LOST. Before Rhett Miller played his set, some local DJ who looked like Dennis Miller gave away door prizes and told horrible "5 o'clock drive home DJ" jokes. The crowd was not impressed by him. He hit on the girls they hired to help him and made a few comments about the crowd then walked off. It was time to see Rhett. All during the show I looked at this stylish girl who was now about two feet away from me. I think I got a glimps of her face, enough to want to look again. As the charity concert was wrapping up I releazed that I would probably say nothing to this female and was satisfied with just that. DJ Dennis Miller came out to announce that the show was over, Rhett might have played six or seven songs. As Thunderbird said "Time to go," the two girls turned around and one said "So whats next?" We just stood their stunned, Thunderbird and I did not know what to do or say.

TO BE CONTINUED, trust me you want to stick around for the conclusion.

Play Another Song For Me

-Rex.

1 comment: